PEI ACL FAMILY NETWORK:
This blog is a place for families, individuals and those supporting a loved one with an intellectual disability to find information, resources, share stories and connect with others.
Find out more at our webpage: www.peiacl.org
New program that was announced: be sure to check it out, and let any of your friends, family know who may be eligible for the free eye exam, and glasses if needed. Here is the link to the health PEI site, and also the link that has the brochure, that also explains it out.
To ensure children get the best start in their education, the Eye See…Eye Learn® program provides a free eye exam and a free pair of glasses, if needed, to Island kindergarten students.
• Kindergarten children are eligible for the program from July 1- June 30 each year.
• As of January 2015 children who started kindergarten in September 2014 are eligible. Children who entered grade 1 or 2 in September 2014 are also eligible until June 30, 2015.
• Call your Doctor of Optometry to book your child’s appointment for an eye exam. If you don’t have one, visit www.peioptometrists.ca to find one.
• Bring your child’s health card to the appointment.
• Those with private health insurance may have to pay up-front and be reimbursed based on the individual’s policy coverage.