Saturday, November 1, 2014

Kicking off National Down Syndrome Awareness Week with the Canadian Down Syndrome Society....
"When you were born and I was told you had Down syndrome, my mind immediately went to a dark place, my heart sunk, and everything I thought you and our little family was going to be somehow was shattered.

But, sweet girl, I am oh, so glad that those thoughts got shattered. That the lives we imagine living sometimes need to be broken so we can see the lives we were meant to have. In a way, it makes room for a life to be painted so very brightly, and sometimes the paint is more beautiful when it needs to break through the dark and start again.

You, my darling Pip, have done this for us. You have somehow painted our lives so uniquely different that I am in awe of how lucky we now are to have you."

To read my Dear Pip Letter click here:
http://cdss.ca/ndsaw/2014/11/day-1-dear-pip/

#arentyagladPipsCanadian


No comments:

Post a Comment